Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Vote

Midterm elections are happening today . . . at least for some people. I hear lots of bitching, moaning, and groaning on both sides, blue and red, about how messed up our government is, was, or will be because of the outcome of elections. I certainly have no answers or predictions really. The media has bombarded us enough with all of that! I do have opinions, of course, but do not plan to reveal those here. However, because I do think, read, watch, and listen, I feel qualified to cast my ballot and I have done so in good conscience. I have many friends and acquaintances that, I know, will vote differently from me and although I might wish to sway them to my way of thinking, I won’t. All of us, based on our own set of values and mores, as well as experience and education, have developed a belief system of our own. What is important is to get out there and vote!
Many people have mailed in absentee ballots or voted early in some states. I’m hoping the folks who have not, will find time to make it to the polls. Will it make a difference? I’m not totally sure. What I do know is that the only, tiny bit of power I have in an election lies in filling out and mailing my own, personal ballot. I will always exercise my right to vote. I’m hoping everyone else will do so as well.
This is as political as I will ever be in this blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment