Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thinking About You

You grew up
before I could say,
“Stop!”
I wanted to keep
you, just the way
you were. . .
at two,
at four,
at six,
at eight
and on and on.

You denied me.
You grew up.

And here you are
now . . .
an adult,
a dad,
a family man,
professional,
responsible,
loving,
hardworking,
and sometimes
too far away
for me to say
“Stop! Listen.”

Hear and know
my sweet son,
through all the years . . .
at two,
at four,
at six,
at eight,
and on and on,
I could never
stop either
loving you.
                                                Judith DeChesere-Boyle 10/2013 – For my son, Justin


For some strange reason, this blog disappeared from my archive and I wanted to keep it as part of my blogs. This was originally posted on my blog in October 2013, but I am publishing it on my blog today again -- just to have it.


No comments:

Post a Comment