Sunday, January 19, 2014

Heartbreak?

So our 9ers lost today and it was disappointing, but it happened nonetheless. I wonder how many folks are reeling with the loss, knowing they will be unable to sleep tonight. Are they drowning their sorrows in booze of one variety or another? Is someone going to sport a black eye tomorrow as a result? How many fans still are cursing at the screen and wishing in some way to get back at the refs, who, in all honesty, made a few questionable decisions? Such is the nature of the game, though.

No one likes to lose, I suppose; it hurts a bit. The loss of a football game, however, pales in comparison to other losses in life. To be quite candid, “It ain’t shit!” I suppose to the owners, to the corporations, to the people who gain to profit from wins and losses of this sort, this loss is significant, but to those of us, the fans, really, is it that big of a deal? The almighty dollar is what really is at stake with these events. For us fans, it’s just an intrinsic mania that gets us going and we all know that running with the tide isn’t half bad. Yet when the tide comes in, red or blue, it’s in; it’s as simple as that.

I wish the 49ers had won, of course. (I even donned my red today.) Tomorrow is a new day, however. The next season is a new one. And I think I’m ready to bleed orange and black for the summer. That may not turn out either, but what the hell. It’s fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment