Wednesday, September 4, 2013


Hummingbird

You fluttered above my head
When you were gone,
So suddenly,
It shocked the watchers
Who saw you there.

While I spoke sweet words
Of love and loss,
You paid a sunrise visit.
Defying death,
You emerged again,
Eternal and beautiful,
And I cried.

I didn’t see you then
But I do now.
You are everywhere –
And I feel your presence
In gardens,
On porches,
Alighting on limbs,
Perching on palms,
Savoring the sap of life.

You’ve become an icon,
Now, sweet hummingbird,
And not just for me.
We all expect you near,
A manifest of infinity,
Reminding us of harmony
And peace,
Of courage and joy.

While you flit about
Here and there,
Dining on nectar
And other fare,
We know
Your spirit lives on.
With unabashed energy
You hover over us,
A reminder that a noble love
Will never be forsaken.

                        Judith DeChesere-Boyle, September 2013, For Alex


Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.
                                                                                                       -- Rumi
Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.
                                                                                                         --Terri Guillemets



No comments:

Post a Comment