Saturday, September 7, 2013


A post-birthday reflection . . .

Yesterday was my birthday. A new year is ahead. I imagine in the eyes of some people I’m pretty old, but I’m not, not in my heart, not in my mind, not in my hopes or aspirations. And, conversely, I suppose in the view of a few, I’m young, but I’m not quite. (Oh! Shall I count the ways?) Yet I feel young, young enough, and I know that I’m not finished.

Today I’ve been reflecting. Sad events occurred last year, especially for me, for my family, and for some of my friends. Yet, good things happened too. I am convinced that life just does its dance and we are allowed to sit back and watch or jump in and join the tango. It’s a choice, really, and I know I want to play. So, today, I was thinking about what helps me along and it became perfectly clear: friends, both old and new; decent health, plain and simple; talent, that keeps me anchored to my computer some days; and love that, I’ve found, comes back tenfold with the giving.

Tomorrow will be here with the sunrise and will offer me (and anyone reading this) a chance to smile, to laugh, to dance, to read, to write, to move . . . or not. Every person can choose. Ultimately, and it’s simple enough, I hope, tomorrow will give me an opportunity to make a positive difference somehow, to tweak the world in the tiniest way. That’s the plan, anyway!





No comments:

Post a Comment