Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Stopping Place

Another year is coming to a close without you.
“Get over it,” people say.
Never.
I will never get over losing you.
Ever.
I count time in increments.
One month, six, a year –
Days go by
And I manage
And I manage.
Few folks know
That my heart is cracked,
Cracked
And it hurts
Always, never stopping.
It’s been one year,
Seven months,
Six days.
It could be yesterday.
Today,
Tuesday,
For no reason
Tangible to me,
You are here
Heavy
Burrowed in my mind.
Tears and memories
Have come for a visit,
Gone now, for awhile,
And I will move on
As I should
Until next time
When I reach
Another stopping place.
                                                            Some words for Alex on December 30, 2014
                                                            Judith DeChesere-Boyle

No comments:

Post a Comment