Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Blogging Vacation

            I’ve been on vacation, at least from my blog spot. The rush of holiday preparations and a few celebrations have kept me away from my computer, at least more than usual. I always enjoy this time of year; yet when it comes to a close I am filled with a sense of relief. Another chapter is finished and the page before me is empty and ready. How will it be written?

            The close of 2014 has been filled with controversy and tragedy that has hit, at least for me, too close to home. I doubt anyone, if he or she is breathing at all, has escaped awareness of these troubled times. No matter where our sympathies lie, I believe it is time to step back, think rationally, and move forward to a better place. I, for one, am exhausted by media hype, by tragedy, by violence, and by what appears to be an absolute inability of some folks to reason. Wouldn’t it be lovely to see all the negativity replaced by compassion and understanding? What has happened to those qualities? If optimism is ludicrous, I must be terribly flawed, because I cannot help but believe that mankind has the capacity to move forward, together, to write that new page on a more positive note. I may be deluded, but can’t it be done? Certainly it is something to be considered.

            So, the blog is back! Here’s to vacations and to resuming routines, however habitual, however mundane. I’m happy to be back to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment