Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Write Like There’s No Tomorrow

I can’t remember exactly where I saw the statement, “Write Like There’s No Tomorrow”, but I did recently and it made me think. (Yes! That again!) I write every day. I wrote yesterday, have written today, and will tomorrow, but I’m not thinking today of what I will write tomorrow. Instead, I am writing now.

Perhaps we should do everything as though there’s no tomorrow. I’m always seeing the phrase Live Life Like There’s No Tomorrow, but can we do it? Instead of projecting our fears, expectations, hopes, desires, or anticipation on what lies ahead, maybe we should deal with those issues here and now. Today. Would our lives work better if we lived with no thoughts of tomorrow? Is it wise to look forward to events, situations, or any number of things that may or may not happen? Are we setting ourselves up for disappointment? Are we creating unnecessary angst? It’s just a thought. And, how many people live in the past, wallowing in regret, anger, guilt, or resentment, or reveling in past glory, or happy times gone by, to such a degree that they miss out on what’s happening now? I would imagine a good many folks are caught in that trap!

I wonder if it’s possible to stop . . . consciously stop our minds from whirling around in all different directions, thinking about what’s next, so that we can be here now, so that we can give our all to what’s happening right this second. We might be happier if we were to do that. A little less dwelling on the past and attending to “what’s up” now might just free up tomorrow to take care of itself.




No comments:

Post a Comment