Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Honoring Heroes

I haven’t blogged for a few days because I’ve been away. On the weekend of September 21st I attended the IAFF Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial in Colorado Springs, CO. The event was an amazing production that honored 157 fire fighters who died in the line of duty in the United States and Canada last year. Among them was my son, Alex, who passed away after a nine-year battle with job-related brain cancer. Also among those honored were numerous fire fighters from New York, NY who died as a result of illnesses contracted at the base of the twin towers on 9-11. And there were many others, all heroes in my opinion. I feel certain that those of us who attended the ceremony, and there were many, will not soon forget it because it was incredibly moving and was an apt tribute to those who lost their lives as a consequence of protecting people and property while performing a job they loved. I have absolute respect for them and wanted to take the time to acknowledge all 157 brave fire fighters here on my blog spot.
The IAFF Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial in Colorado Springs, CO.
My son's name is the last one engraved on the second wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment