Wednesday, October 23, 2013


A little bit about vacations . . .

My husband and I arrived home late Monday night from a very lovely vacation to Kauai and I am deep in the process of getting over it! That probably sounds a bit negative, but it’s not meant to be so.

I love walking from a stuffy airplane into the air-conditioned terminal at Lihue and then outside where the sweet, Hawaiian air caresses me like velvet. Kauai was beautiful, as always, although this year the warm, silk air was tainted a bit by sticky humidity. Not to worry! It was fun anyway. We snorkeled, hiked, shopped, sailed on a catamaran, and dined on scrumptious fare enough to get us by for another six months or so. We were able to relax too, on Poipu Beach, at the botanical garden, and in our condo. We took tons of photos, read books, and I had time to write, which is something of a must for me.

Now we’re home, and I must admit I’m a wee bit tired. We unpacked at midnight, slept sporadically for seven short hours, and were up for a new day. Such a vacation produces laundry, laundry, and more laundry. It brings folding and stacking and putting away. It means back to work and an overload of patients for my husband. It also gives us sweet gifts: a sleepy, meowing cat who wants nothing more than to be cuddled and cradled, and over-the-moon happy dogs who are given freedom from the “doggie ranch”, no matter how cool it is. The family is together again. What better gift is that!

So, this vacation is over. I am glad we went; I’m equally delighted to be home.

A view from our hike near Kappaa, Kauai. 10/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment