Sunday, March 15, 2015

Blogging Break

Yeah. I admit it. I took a blogging break . . . for two weeks! It’s not that I haven’t been writing. I have. I have written over 63,000 words into my current novel. It’s a new venture, actually – different from other things I’ve done and I’m enjoying it. At some point, I hope readers will as well.
However, I’ve been considering the art of blogging. Is it an art? It’s probably not. What it is, at least for me, is an opportunity to share a poem, or a thought about life, or a character sketch, created on a whim. I like doing that. It keeps my skills honed, but I’m not sure who buys in or who understands the need for someone like me to fulfill her passion.
I spend a great deal of time sitting in front of my computer composing. I do not want my blog to become a diary of sorts though. Pontificating about how I view the world is just that – blowing steam! I would rather pour a glass of wine and have a good conversation with someone. Writing, however, in the absence of a person who wishes to share that glass of wine and converse, is an outlet. So I write.
Today I have been lonely although I haven’t been alone. And I have felt sadness . . . just missing that guy.
I’m trying to get back into the blogging game. Maybe tomorrow it will be easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment