Sunday, January 25, 2015

Giving The National Brain Cancer Society Support

As many people know, I lost my son, Alex, to brain cancer on May 24, 2013. Since that time, I have written a memoir, Tumor Me, The Story of My Firefighter, that tells in detail the story of Alex’s struggle in fighting the disease. For many years, as a result of Alex’s illness, I have donated money to organizations that support cancer research. It always seemed only right.
While I have given, my family and I also have been recipients of incredible support and love from friends and acquaintances, both old and new. In a lifetime I will not be able to thank them enough because their giving never seems to stop. Recently two of my friends, Alicia and Tim Streblow, suggested that, in memory and honor of Alex, and to support brain cancer research, that we form a team, “Alex’s Fighters” and raise money for the National Brain Cancer Society. Well, guess what? It’s happening! After an afternoon of planning, the team has been formed and is “up and running” on the National Brain Tumor Society’s website. We are asking folks that knew Alex to join the team and walk with us or simply to make a contribution.
If anyone who reads my blogs on jdechesereboyle.blogspot.com (I Street Imaginings) or connects to it through Facebook and would like to donate to this important cause, please do. We do so appreciate the support.
Below is a quick link to my personal page.









PLEASE DON’T PASS UP
THIS OPPORTUNITY!

THE NATIONAL BRAIN TUMOR SOCIETY’S
BAY AREA 5K WALK ON MAY 2, 2015



JOIN “ALEX’S FIGHTERS”
IN MEMORY OF FAE ALEX STEVENSON
Join us for an epic day in memory and celebration of those who have fought and continue to fight brain cancer. The Bay Area National Brain Tumor Society’s 5K Walk will take place in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park on May 2, 2015. This is a just-over three-mile, easy walk that is family friendly and inspiring. This is an event to raise awareness and much needed resources to fund critical brain tumor specific programs to improve the lives of those affected by brain cancer.

For more information and to sign up go to events.braintumor.org























No comments:

Post a Comment