Monday, August 11, 2014

Is It A Backpack Issue?

I saw this post on FB the other day and while the photo is engaging in itself, the message is too. I’m a bit sentimental at times, I suppose, but this caught my eye and I began wondering (again) about this world we live in. It is filled with some amazing, loving, giving, creative, and talented people. Conversely, more than a few folks could use a little help getting in touch with their kinder side. (I’m hoping here that for all people one actually exists!)

We see it every day, don’t we? Some people are angry, hostile, and so full of rage that they must feel as though they have no other option than to dump their feelings of frustration and hostility out in inappropriate ways on everyone else. It’s a backpack issue, I think, for don’t we carry our experiences, good and bad, with us wherever we go? Maybe it’s time for some people to do some unpacking or rearranging. If certain individuals could sort through and throw away the negative “stuff” that’s crammed in their “backpacks”, their lives might be happier; maybe if they could take their minds off the heavy load on their backs, it would allow space for them to hear the beating of their hearts and with that, approach life with a different perspective. Perhaps it’s not that easy, but I like to think that seeing life with one’s heart is the way to go.

Everyone has had bad experiences, but we’ve had good ones too, I would hope. What if we take hold of some of the bad ones and really take a look? If we hold them long enough and really see, perhaps we can toss them to the wayside, and lighten the load. It will take heart to do it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment