Tuesday, February 18, 2014

On Life and Death

Life goes on, and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it simply ends, a dead stop. When it’s over, it’s over. Or is it? People have been pondering that question forever. Facing the end is not always easy. Some battle. Some resist. Some give in. Some have no choice. They go when it’s time. And who decides that? That’s another question up for discussion.

I find myself compelled to write about this rather dark subject today because my dad who was slated to turn 103 on Saturday, February 22, 2014 died over night. Hospice was there. My brother was beside him. My sister-in-law was too, supporting as always with love as the anchor. I’m physically 3000 miles away from them, but am close at heart and in time, a short time, I will be alongside them to say goodbye to a man who definitely had a good ride. He wasn’t always easy, but he was always loved.

Rest in peace, Daddy. I hope Alex, Honey, Addie, and you are telling each other funny stories and laughing to “beat the band”!

 
Jay, Cherette, Alexis, Jaleh, Alex, Scott
Chase, Tyner, Justin, Judi
Cuz Dutch, John DeChesere, Cuz Jean
"The Fam" in 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment