Friday, August 30, 2013


Expectations

I’ve come to the conclusion that expectations are a sham. How many times have I waited in sweet anticipation for an event that is sure to fill me with joy, only to be left empty or tearful in disappointment? And conversely, how often have I feared the worst, finding instead that an upcoming appointment, a presentation, or a change (and those are always open for consternation) is instead a blessing, a gift, or an opportunity?

My musings are not meant to be negative; I was just thinking about this as I lay in bed early in the morning with further sleep evading me like a thief into the fog that, yet again, is obscuring the sunrise. Looking at the words that empty onto this page I realize that it is best to simply “Be Here Now”, as the old aphorism asserts. Rather that wondering what the day ahead will bring, I am enjoying this moment, this time, when words are my playmates, when only this moment matters. It’s enough to make me smile.








No comments:

Post a Comment