Friday, July 19, 2013


July 19, 2013

For many people who grew up in the South, the idea of fully shedding the essence of rich landscapes and places full of myriad ambiances and even more memorable characters is likely impossible. Maybe some can do it, but I have an inkling that the tentacles of the place have latched on and are not as easily abandoned as one might think, or even hope. I haven’t lived in the South for over forty years, but in a blink, I can reckon in my memory too many nuances to count. And, that’s a good thing, because it has enabled me to employ what I know, what I understand, what I have loved, what I have detested, and what is in the heart of me, in my writing.

My first two novels are set in Tennessee and filled with dialect that reflects the region. They are available on Amazon.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment