Saturday, September 6, 2014

It’s My Birthday

It is my birthday today and generally I don’t make a big deal out of my “days”. This year is no different although I have a blog to write and thought I’d write about all the years that have gone by in a succinct, little paragraph! Ha! Just kidding!

The number that delineates my birthday this year is a bit scary to me. How did I get here? I still feel good, fit, and raring to go. The last couple of years have been tough, but I’ve learned I can keep plowing on even though a chunk of my heart has been ripped away. I have much for which to be thankful and a whole lot I still want to do in this life! It’s a joy to have purpose. Sometimes I think of days gone by -- at times with regret. I wish I had been “street” smarter when I was younger, but I’ve learned not to live in the past, nor to fret about the future. I truly do enjoy each day even with the subtle nuances they offer.

My birthday today has been a quiet affair with no real fanfare other than many lovely posts on Facebook from friends and former students. I appreciate the messages so much. Today I wrote a new chapter in my novel (in-progress), I walked my dogs three miles, I cuddled my sweet cat, I did two loads of laundry, and tonight I am going to dinner with my husband, Rick. (He had patients to see today at work.) So, my birth year has been marked yet again. I am most thankful to have a really good life and look forward to adding on a new number to my age next September 6th.

Here I am in the Sierra - Summer 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment