Monday, March 2, 2015

Something About A Dream


How important is a little dream? I suppose some folks would say dreams are nonsense; others would disagree. “You dream about what’s important in life.” “Dreams help you sort out what’s troubling you.” “All dreams have a meaning.”

I dream often, vividly, and in color! Some dreams are so interesting that I hate having to part with them. Those are the times I hope I can hop back into them the next night. Unfortunately, that doesn’t usually happen, although recurrent dreams and variations of dreams have occurred for me quite often . . . and I do think that’s significant . . . but that’s another story.

This morning, early, I had a dream that filled me with warmth and happiness. I was standing in my house somewhere, probably in the kitchen, and he appeared before me. It was my son, Alex. He was an adult, healthy, smiling, and looking intently down at me. He reached out, put both hands on my shoulders, and said with absolute clarity, “I’m okay, Mom.” My heart surely skipped a beat. He threw his arms around me then and held me tight.

And I woke up. Oh, how I would love to slip back into that dream once more. Rest in peace my precious firefighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment