Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Is It Positively So?

This morning my friend, Maria, posted the picture and quote below on Facebook just about the time I was thinking about writing today’s blog. I actually had been wondering a bit sadly about all the negativity in our world these days: negative news stories, drivers full of road rage, hate crimes, accounts of abuse and bullying. Sometimes I don’t even want to read the newspaper although I do! The television media is not much better, often biased to the right or left with not a great deal of credence paid to accuracy. Politicians can’t talk with one another; consensus has gone down the toilet, and many of us are left wondering, “How did these people get elected?” Perhaps I’m over-exaggerating. Maybe the world is spinning as it always has. Maybe nothing really has changed. After all, for generations, folks have been spouting, “What’s this world coming to?” and we’re still here!

Life is a balance, I suppose, and I like to believe that for all that appears negative, positive exists as well. I am reminded of Alicia whose life is dedicated to helping others through her sports; of Judy who greets her friends each day on Facebook with a happy, Good Morning; of Susan who volunteers to teach children about the beauty and intricacies of our world; of Kaaren who lets everyone know he or she is special; of Davina who always “checks in”; of Rick who gives free health care to those who cannot afford it; of Corinna who finds joy in nurturing friendships; of Karyl who teaches her children tolerance and appreciation for life; and of Tara who gives and gives and gives. These are only a few of the good people I know who do positive deeds to make the world a better place. How one faces each day, I guess, is what makes all the difference.

Positive < Negative

Thank you, Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment